Step 5: Evaluate and Evolve
The goal of the Step 5 training module is to guide participants on how to assess progress made toward achieving your knowledge management (KM) objectives. Participants will increase their awareness and understanding of evaluation concepts, including different outcome levels that you can focus your evaluation on, evaluation designs, and techniques to synthesize the evaluation data. The module also covers the critical tasks of what to do when you’ve completed the evaluation: sharing the findings and promoting use of those findings in practice.
We hope that by the end of this training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe the difference between monitoring and evaluation
- Describe three levels of outcomes in KM interventions
- Explain key elements of strong evaluation designs
- Understand best practices for using tables and figures to synthesize evaluation data
- List a range of formats that can be used to share evaluation findings with stakeholders
- Identify strategies for promoting the use of results in policy and practice
You may review and download individual resources below.