Training Modules: KM Road Map Steps
The Knowledge Management Training Package for Global Health Programs was built around the Knowledge Management Road Map—a five-step systematic process for generating, collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, and sharing knowledge—developed by the Knowledge for Health Project. The five steps are:
- Step 1: Assess Needs to understand the extent of the health program challenge and identify how KM may help solve it
- Step 2: Design Strategyto plan how to improve your health program using KM interventions
- Step 3: Create and Iterate using new KM tools or adapting existing ones to meet your health program’s needs
- Step 4: Mobilize and Monitor by implementing KM tools and techniques, monitoring their effects, and adapting your approaches and activities to respond to changing needs and realities
- Step 5: Evaluate and Evolve to explain how well you achieved your KM objectives, identify factors that contributed to or hindered your intervention’s success and its impact on program outcomes, and use these findings to influence future programming
The KM Road Map Step training modules in this section relate to the steps in the KM Road Map. The first module provides an introduction to KM, and the other five modules correspond to each of the five steps in the Road Map. To access these six training modules, click on menu in the right-hand pane or on the sub-menus in the main navigation menu above.