An after-action review (AAR) is a structured review process, or debrief—usually a meeting— for project teams to reflect on an event or task they have just accomplished and analyze what happened and why, what worked well, and what can be done better or differently in the future.
By the end of this training session on AARs, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential elements of an after-action review (AAR)
- Determine when it is useful to do an AAR
- Successfully conduct an AAR
- Apply the findings from an AAR to current and future work
- Identify an opportunity to conduct an AAR in the near future