This module discusses Visual Content as an example of the "Publishing" type of KM approach. In this module, visual content is defined as information and concepts that are shared, with an additional focus on providing visual context, through videos, infographics, or photo essays, among others. Providing content in a variety of outputs is important to reach different learning styles. Visual content can be used to communicate information through visual cues (animations, icons, infographics, photographs), which can be more easily understood by visual learners.
This module covers:
- Description of visual content, its purpose, and when it should be used
- Considerations when developing visual content
- Processes for creating visual content
- Tools and resources for creating visual content pieces
- Activity sheet and exercise to guide learners through a creative brief for a visual content piece